XY debuts with a brand new single off his upcoming album “In the Beginning”. The track titled “Bakan Bakan” (which means “somehow somehow”) is currently fast-moving in the clubs as it is receiving good radio airplay.
XY is from Ondo state in Nigeria, Africa, based in Nigeria’s music capital – Lagos State. XY started his musical career singing in church at the age of 5 and since then, he has never looked back. Musically, he sings in his native dialect Yoruba and although he sings fluently in English he has
refused to sing in the language as he says it is not his mother’s dialect.
XY belongs to the christian sect referred to as *CELE* here in Lagos and since he was little singing in Church, they were taught by their Choirmasters to freestyle songs as the band members play. Freestyle music sessions of up to three hours every practice day were common place and this
set the foundation of XYS musical talent. HIS ABILITY TO FREESTYLE A WHOLE SONG FROM BEGINING TO THE END is what gives him the edge. Most of his recordings are usually done in One take and he only pauses to do double takes if there are any mistakes. Xy is definitely an artist to watch out for.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
- Video Download:- AY Live Comedy Show 2013 April 14, 2013
- NS Audio Debut:- XY - Bakan Bakan April 22, 2012
- Audio + Video Debut:- B'Bash - Lasgidi Ho June 13, 2013
- Interview:- Erigga New Money His Journey So Far,New Album ,Da Grin and "Beef With M.I" March 22, 2012
- Video:- eLDee The Don – We Made It Featuring Sojay June 19, 2013
- Audio:- Tha Suspect – Shalewa [ Freestyle ] June 19, 2013
- Video:- Fame – Ko Ma Roll June 19, 2013
- Audio:- Blackface Naija – Internet Song June 19, 2013